- Seven strips of 5" x 45" fabric in colors of your choosing
- Glass candlestick, approximately 4" tall
- Styrofoam cone, 9"
- Pearlized head straight pins
- E-6000 Glue (or other all-purpose heavy glue)
- Hold the Foam Glue (or other foam glue)
- 1 sheet of black cardstock
- Fabric shears and craft scissors
- Optional: Clover Large Yoyo Maker
1. Make 56 yoyos per instructions of large (1 3/4”) Clover Yoyo Maker. You can also make these by hand if you don't have a yoyo maker:
- Trace a 4” circle on the wrong side of your fabric, cut out.
- Fold under a scant 1/4” along the edge and stitch close to the fold with a strong thread.
- Once you’ve stitched around the edge, gently pull the thread to gather the fabric and secure.
3. Using the pearlized head straight pins, secure yoyos in rows around the 9in Styrofoam cone. We used three pins per yoyo.
4. Glue cone to candle stick using E-6000 glue and let dry.
You may choose to leave the tree unadorned or embellish with a witch's hat like we did. We made ours using cardstock, ribbon and a small amount of tulle.
Find more Fall and Halloween
craft ideas on our website!